Saturday 30 May 2015

Boots Salon Nail Care Cuticle Remover Review

So Boots has revamped their nail treatments! Yay more products for me to buy ;)

Boots Salon Nail Care Cuticle Remover Review
Boots Salon Nail Care Cuticle Remover
I’ve got to admit that I’m a bit of a nail care noob; although I love painting my nails and dabbling in nail art, I didn’t do much in terms of cuticle work and general maintenance until a few months ago. Only a year ago I didn’t even truly know what a cuticle was *awkward*. Now that I know which part of the nails is the cuticle, they have become objects of my obsession. I’ve been pushing them back and applying nail oils and balms religiously. However none of these processes actually remove the dead skin once it’s pushed back and it just tends to congregate at the base of the nail. I don’t want to cut my cuticles because it seems to be a dead certain no-no… (I still think it looks so much neater though). So because of these reasons, I’ve been looking for a remover to *magically* dissolve the cuticles away for me.
Cuticle removers seem far and few between on the high street. I’ve seen good reviews for some of Sally Hansen’s ones like the one in the blue bottle and the gel in the green tube (sorry I can’t remember the names!) but I can’t find them at decent prices. I saw this one at £4.20 and thought I’d try it and begin at the bottom of the price ladder and work my way up should I need to.
The instructions say to use this no more than once a week but I say it’s probably better if I don’t use this at all. It did nothing whatsoever for my cuticles! I massaged it into my cuticles and noticed it had a strange texture. It felt a bit like a sticky body lotion with a few grains of sugar in it. I don’t know if it’s meant to be more of an exfoliator than a remover but the exfoliating beads were so far and few between that it can’t be expected to do much exfoliating. I left it on for a minute and then started pushing the cuticles back. It did soften the cuticles but I didn’t notice much removal, which is what this product is supposedly for. I should have checked the reviews on Boots.com before buying this. Oh well, on to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment