Friday 3 January 2014

Not Strictly Brixton

Having never been to Brixton (and having discovered a love for markets) I thought it was about time I went. Cue the mad crowds.
Brixton Ms Cupcake
Brixton's Ms Cupcake Cupcakes
Ms. Cupcake of Brixton has been on my radar for a while now and I finally had the chance to go there. The shop was really not what I expected and actually looked quite run down and in disrepair. It was barely decorated and a bit on the shabby side, so much so that when he spotted it Din said 'we are going in here?'. Cakes were £2.40 each and they did look beautiful. There were some really odd flavour combinations and the only ones that ticked my boxes were Lemon and the Ferrero Rocher one (I got Lemon to stay on the safe side), whilst Din got Triple Chocolate. The cupcake was nice, a little rubbery but the icing was fantastic, none of that greasy margarine style icing here. Don't be fooled though, although the cakes look huge the actual the icing to cake ratio is crazy. There's about 1 inch high of cake and three of icing.
camellia tea house kingly court
We then went to Kingly Court to have tea at Camellia's Tea House (only to be told that the minimum spend on Saturdays is £5 per person with a maximum stay of an hour)... No one goes to a tea house to rush, guys. We left, even though the candle was so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment