Thursday 7 August 2014

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil Review

I can't help but smile - this baby retails at £21.50 but after buying it, it came up on my receipt as £4.50! Bargain. I just noticed that the sticker and price on the box is for something else entirely. I'm not going to complain.
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
I've always been intrigued by oil cleansers and have tried my own concoctions as well as ones from Shu Uemura, Muji (hello parabens) and Origins but I can't say I've been impressed enough to repurchase at those kinds of prices. I'd heard so many great things about DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil but never saw it in shops in the UK so this oil wasn't really on my radar until I saw it in Topshop.

The packaging is great because it comes in a clear pump bottle complete with a clasp to prevent any accidental leaks. It feels slightly cheap which is disappointing considering it retails for £21.50 but for the price I paid I don't care!

For my first cleanse, I used two pumps and quickly realised this was too much. I hardly cake on makeup and in future I'll probably use half a pump to cleanse and remove grime at night. The oil feels quite heavy and thick on the face and took longer than I'd like to dissolve my three coats of mascara (yeah three coats). It had no trouble removing the rest of my makeup in general and overall I am happy with it's cleansing abilities.

This oil includes some emulsifying ingredients in it to help it rinse off when it comes into contact with water, hence the need to apply it with dry hands to dry skin. When it comes to rinsing it off, it turns milky white and washes away easily. It left my skin feeling so soft, perfectly cleansed and oil free afterwards. Definitely no stripped skin here and this would be great for people with dry skin. I do love the multitasking abilities it provides as makeup remover and wash in one.One gripe I have with cleansing oils as a whole is that they cannot be applied with wet hands or go onto wet skin. This means you cannot do a double cleanse with it without drying yourself off first and for the lazy amongst us (hi!) that can be a bit annoying.

I'm glad I got this but I wouldn't pay full price for it, even though I'm very happy with it in general. I think it's just a bit too overpriced. If you're looking for something similar I think the Una Brennan Cleansing Oil available from Boots is just as good and much cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment